Pre-IELTS is a course specially developed by MLC for students who need to take the IELTS exam but whose level of English is too low to achieve a desirable score or to join a standard exam preparation course. It is an intensive 10-15 week course only available at MLC. The Core pre training is designed to provide a pathway to the language testing system.Since the outcome of student input is related to a specific band calculated taking into consideration each skill result, students are encouraged to take this pathway to make an easier choice to prepare flexibly and step by step.
IELTS students will have four hours of classes per day, including a period of guided self study. Areas covered will include:
- Understanding the IELTS exam sections
- pondering on and analysing common IELTS topics.
- Developing study skills with time challenge
- Improving academic and discreet vocabulary
- Understanding question prompts
- Practising note taking
Your teacher will follow your progress and customize the course around the needs of the class.
Please note this course is subject to availability.
This course is available in the following locations:
A quick glance
Any Monday (subject to availability)
Pre intermediate (CEFR A2)
20 hours a week
Minimum 5 weeks
Average class size
Who will lead this course?
The Pathway to-IELTS course has been created by professional tutors who have already achieved their targets in the past with students with regards to pathway skills and accomplishments.
Who is this course for?
Choose our pathway to-IELTS course if:
- Your level of English skills is too low for a typical exam preparation course.
- You are new to IELTS and are not aware of how to approach the exam technique.
- You need to elaborate on common IELTS speaking and writing topics and require more practise to overcome them.
Included in the price
- 20 hours of lessons per week.
- MLC created materials.
- Extracurricular activities including conversation class and debate club.
- End of course certificate.
- Welcome pack with your own notebook and pencil.
- Access to our online learning platform with over 60 hours of IELTS tests and skills practice.
Students who complete the pathway to IELTS course become much more confident and knowledgeable about the exam. The turn over is absolutely desirable and the band achieved is their desired target. Many MLC students go on to study at British universities, including Leeds, Manchester and Bangor.
If you have any queries about Modern Language Centre or would just like to talk about your future, our college advisors are on hand to help whenever you need it.
Are you interested in applying at Modern Language Centre? It’s really simple to do and there are numerous ways you can do it.