Beginner (CEFR A1) to Advanced (CEFR C1)
15 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Morning or Afternoon*
2 – 45 weeks
Any Monday (Tuesday on Public Holidays)
Min 6 – Max 15
Why study General English?
- to be motivated in studying English language.
- To be encouraged for composing and writing essays.
- To develop the ability for grasping the theme of English passages.
- To be encouraged for writing the meaning or theme of a passage in your own words.
- To develop the ability of appreciation of ideas and criticizing the thinking.
- To develop the creativity related to verbal ability and reasoning or fluency of language.
- To develop the ability of understanding of other topics.
- To develop the mastery of language for expressing your ideas, feelings and experiences.
- To develop the ability of evaluation and analysis of language components.
- To develop the values, moral and character of the students.
Your progress is assessed weekly by your home room teacher. You will also have a tutorial every 5 weeks, when you can discuss your progress one-to-one with your tutor.
when you’ve progressed at a specific stage of skill and level, you could be placed on a higher level according to your merit. We usually expect you to spend 10-12 weeks on each level, however, individual output is required to determine that.
Will I get a certificate?
You will get a Modern Language Centre Certificate at the end of your course (provided your attendance is 80% or above).
Our topic based skills classes allow you to practice your speaking, listening, reading and writing in a real-life context. Topics covered include fashion, football and food.
We Have Qualified Teachers
You will definitely be taught by teachers who are certified to teach the English language, which is why they are able to develop you to your full potential as a confident user of English language .They will train you by successfully completing professional formation. This is a process that enables you to demonstrate the effective use of skills and knowledge in your professional practice that is required to achieve your status.
We Monitor Your Progress
Throughout your English course, you will have a variety of tutorials with your teacher and weekly tests. Hence your progress will be monitored and recorded so that we can ensure that you are continuously improving.
We use a wide range of methodologies, technologies, and materials; including ‘real English’ materials, and resources to provide interesting and exciting lessons that meet your needs. We tailor and cater for your demands; that’s why we’re considered to be an integral school.
We Focus on Pronunciation
At MLC we specialise in 3D teaching; meaning we not only focus on grammar and vocabulary, but also on pronunciation. By teaching pronunciation as it occurs naturally.
English Level Chart
If you have any queries about Modern Language Centre or would just like to talk about your future, our college advisors are on hand to help whenever you need it.
Are you interested in applying at Modern Language Centre? It’s really simple to do and there are numerous ways you can do it.